Thursday, February 7, 2008

January/February 2008

Here I go...

It's already February and next week Andreas is turning 8! He informed me that in 10 years he'll be 18 and can vote! I did some research online for party ideas and we're having a 'Survivor' themed party, although he's never watched the show. Jonathan will be here to help with the festivities so it should be great. I wonder whether we can top last years cake throwing at Papa -- I had made 7 pies filled with whipped cream for a cake fight a la Pippi Longstocking but the kids didn't want to get that dirty so Papa offered to be their target!


We are in the middle of Fashing's Ferien, Germany's Carnival and the pary time before Lent. Bavaria is very Catholic. The kids have 1 week off from school. We've done some skiing, but Andreas is tired out from his normal school and activity schedule that he really just wants to hang out. We're reading Beverly Clearly, finished Ramona and her Father, and it was such a hit that we're reading Henry and Ribsy and will try to move through the books somewhat chronologically. In this book Ramona isn't in pre-school and Beatrice (Beezus) spends her afternoons with Ramona because "Mama is so tired from spending all morning with Ramona." You can replace Ramona with Isabella if you wish! But I don't have a Beatrice...

I went to a few Kinder-Fashing's Feste with the kids -- you should see Andreas, Charlotte and Isabella doing the Macarena -- very cute! The kids tell me I sing the song better but they do the dance better! Andreas was a cowboy, Charlotte and Isabella both princesses. Jonathan and I went out one night. I was a mermaid with some girlfriends and Jonathan was our Neptune...you should have seen his trident!

I'll post some photos and report after Andreas's birthday party. On the 12th Andreas and Charlotte will be participating in a school ski race too! Bye for now...Susanne & family

No comments: